The Creative Director at White Rhino is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the agency’s creative teams including UX, UI, design, copy, and production. The Creative Director interfaces between the client, the account team, and the creative department, striving for excellence in everything from concept through timely execution of all creative work. Working under direction of the CEO/Chief Creative Officer, the Creative Director is responsible for setting the visual creative direction and leading all UX/UI and digital experiences for the agency, including interactive design, user-centric experience design, brand development, digital marketing and creative process.
The Creative Director oversees assignment of all creative projects within the agency, including which employee or freelancer will work on the different creative assignments. The Creative Director reviews and approves all creative work before presentation to the client, taking into consideration budgetary, strategic and technical requirements. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with White Rhino’s account, creative and technical teams to develop smart, well-crafted work that takes a user first approach in solving business problems.
- Presenting the team’s designs and creative work to internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Collaborating with White Rhino’s talented technical team in the execution of all digital and experiential work, including web builds, data visualization, app design and cutting edge digital experiences (i.e. virtual reality).
- Responsible for overseeing and hands on execution of work that spans from campaign concepts to website redesigns, visual identity and custom experiences (both digital and physical, like tradeshows).
- Maintaining a working knowledge of latest industry best practices, processes, techniques, and software to ensure the entire creative team remains on the leading edge of essential technologies and skills.
- Managing, mentoring and developing White Rhino’s on-staff and freelance creative team, including delivery of annual performance reviews for on-staff talent.
- Interviewing, screening and hiring applicants for creative positions. Regularly searching for qualified on-staff and freelance talent to expand White Rhino’s pool of available resources across all creative disciplines.
- Shaping, and growing the talented White Rhino creative team, including on-staff and freelance designers, art directors, copywriters, and production artists.
The ideal candidate is curious about his craft and is constantly driven to stay on the leading edge of user experience and design. He should have an eye for clean, intuitive design, possess superior UI/UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements and transform them into beautiful, intuitive and functional experiences.
We’re looking for an individual who has demonstrated the following skills and experience:
- Ability to translate high level requirements into interaction flows and transform them into beautiful, functional, user interfaces. Experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, microsites, apps and cutting edge digital experiences.
- Comfort working through an iterative process
- Demonstrated excellence in creative brand storytelling across a range of media.
- Strong ability to provide clear, actionable and timely feedback to team members, improving our creative process, keeping work on budget and schedule, ensuring work is on strategy and gets executed to the highest degree possible.
- Ability to scope and provide pricing for creative work.
- Engaging presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing. A track record of successfully selling and executing creative ideas.
- Collaborate with others in the organization – values and respects everyone’s ideas and input. Seeks out constructive criticism and feedback, particularly from the client. Able to add value and provide input or ideas for other agency disciplines to infuse a creative approach to that work when relevant.
- Ability to present ideas in various formats from quick sketches to clickable prototypes, polished comps, or storyboards.
- Ability to manage the creative development process in a client services environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- Asks the right questions and understands how to challenge in a non-threatening way.
- Advanced knowledge of interactive design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and creative process.
- Well versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
- Proven successful experience in digital promotions with high user engagement
- Knowledge of trends of what is changing in the industry and the craft. Curious – what is new and what might be on the forefront in the next few months, year, etc.
- A bias towards action, getting feedback from customers, measurement and iteration.
- Thoughtful – can think strategically in working on a project – sees the big picture as well as the details
- Ability to hire, manage, develop and mentor staff
- Willing to travel periodically
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs, issues and potential challenges up front - and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely way, including assessing risks vs. rewards.
- Confident in own abilities but does not have an ego. Collaborative and willing to roll up sleeves to pitch in with other disciplines as needed. Invested in successful execution of creative work and overall agency success.
- Able to juggle numerous responsibilities in a tight timeframe - manage time, work efficiently, and help others do the same.
- Nice to have: Full understanding of analytics and how it can be used to improve products.
The ideal candidate with hold a Bachelor’s Degree and has at least 5-7 years’ of relevant experience.
If interested, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.